We know that insurance is one of the last things you are thinking about on Christmas morning. However, some big-ticket items, like jewelry, collectibles, computers, sports memorabilia, ATV’s, and bicycles might be subject to special limits in your home insurance policy.
Make sure you call your agent to discuss right away.
- Snap a photo of your new item. If you ever have a claim, pictures of valuable items can assist with the claims process.
- Have specialty items appraised!
- Keep track of your receipt.
- Update your home inventory after the holidays. Always keep your home inventory up to date and include a detailed record of your valuables.
- Review your policy limits with your agent.
No matter what’s under your tree on Christmas morning, update your home inventory and contact your insurance agent to make sure that you have the right coverage.